Removing the Weight from Weight Management: a Dietitian’s Guide
Register here for all webinars, anytime: https://forms.gle/nm7ZCC5iCk7U7AKz7
Weight management is an area that many of us struggle to get our heads around at medical school for a whole host of reasons.
But not to worry!
Join us for a whistle stop tour of weight management where we’ll cover everything from calorie counting & intuitive eating to a guided reflection on weight stigma where you’ll have the opportunity to reflect on any weight biases you may hold.
1. To compare the main weight management approaches used in healthcare.
2. To examine the strengths & weaknesses of each approach.
3. To critically appraise the use of BMI as a marker of health.
4. To explore the concept of weight stigma in healthcare.
5. To revise the principles of motivational interviewing to empower individuals to make successful lifestyle changes.
1. To differentiate the main weight management approaches used in healthcare.
2. To critically appraise the use of BMI as a marker of health.
3. To understand how weight stigma can influence healthcare.
4. To identify any weight biases, you may hold, and to reflect on how these views may influence your clinical decision making.
5. To identify the different stages of change using the Transtheoretical Model of Health Behaviour Change.
6. To integrate the knowledge from the session to equip you with the skills needed to engage in more sensitive and empathetic conversations with patients who are struggling with their weight.